outlook express error

denis93c 18:17 09 Dec 04

i have been on the phone to ntl today for a hour and a half to-day.
i cannot recieve or send e-mail through outlook express,the only i can access e-mail is through webmail,error message reads: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 15426 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Grendle 19:02 09 Dec 04

denis93c - do you use Norton Antivirus? and did you have an upgrade the other night? Seems a few people are having this problem following an update.

If you use NAV e-mail Symantec with the problem

For a temporary fix try disabling e-mail scanning but then scan e-mails once received but prior to opening

wyatt earp 19:16 09 Dec 04

I have been having similar probs but with outgoing only.

See my thread on the subject which may help.
click here

For my temporary fix i unchecked the 'scan outgoing mail box' only which still leaves incoming ones scanned for threats.

Wyatt

Noelg23 19:19 09 Dec 04

but here is a classic people...just had a customer called thru to the BT Faults (where I work). he says his broadband ISP told him to call us. the problem wasnt the fact he couldnt connect cos he could, nothing to do with his phone cos that was working fine, but in fact his Outlook Express wasnt working...yes his Outlook Express! he was getting a series of error numbers beginning with 0x and so on...guess what his ISPs repsonse was? call BT cos the error code is related to line noise! Erm...can someone please explain to me how Outlook Express crashing is linked to line noise when clearly there was none? and since I am not ashamed to say it the customer's ISP is Supanet! now tell me thats an ISP doing its job correctly.

JoeC 19:29 09 Dec 04
  denis93c 20:37 09 Dec 04

does outlook express have an update tool?

bretsky 21:25 09 Dec 04

I had this a couple of weeks ago with my OE6, although I could receive my mail I could not send this one particular email to a friend of mine who's ISP is ntl, turns out I was trying to send an email with a 1.9Mb movie attachment and his in box was over quota also I noticed that where it says sending or receiving mail at the bottom of the screen just above the system tray, all mine was saying was "connecting" then after about 20 seconds it showed the error message box with your message as above less the octets bit.

I just put it down to busy ISP servers over the weekend because the following day normal, services were resumed!

List of OE error codes
click here;en-us;2088

Good luck

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 21:28 09 Dec 04

Sorry try this click here;en-us;208814

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 21:31 09 Dec 04

This should do it
click here

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…