outlook express emails

wpruten 17:56 24 Jan 15

I am using outlook express 6 and presently it recieves emails okay but will not send and email. When an email is ready to send and you push send the email goes to the outbox but is not sent.

wpruten

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 24 Jan 15

what isp e-mail are you using eg EE virgin etc.

you need to check the settings for smpt

wpruten 18:50 24 Jan 15

Thanks - I am using a sasktel account here in Saskatchewan Canada. I will check the settings and reset them if necessary

lotvic 23:26 24 Jan 15

It would seem that in your Options you have chosen not to send immediately.

When you compose a new email and then click on Send the email is put in the Outbox to send later.

Outbox holds all the messages you want to send.

When you are ready to send all the emails in the Outbox you have to click on 'Send/Receive' button that is on the top menu. (there is also a dropdown arrow to click on for menu at side of this button that enables you to have various choices of Send, Receive)

Create Mail | Reply | Reply All | Forward | Print | Delete| Send/Receive | Addresses | Find

If you want to change the way OE behaves have a look at Tools - Options and tick/untick boxes as desired.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…