Outlook Express downloads every email everytime

big erch 15:16 21 Feb 04

Using Outlook Express 5, whenever I hit send/receive all of the emails in my Yahoo account download everytime. Does anyone know why?

Diodorus Siculus 15:28 21 Feb 04

Have you told OE to download new messages only?

Paranoid Android 15:29 21 Feb 04

Check in Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced - look for the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on server" and make sure it is cleared.

The other possibility is that there is a message (maybe a big one ooo err missus) which is failing to complete every time. The messages are not deleted from the server until the LAST ONE completes downloading.

big erch 15:35 21 Feb 04

How do you tell OE to download new messages only?

I want to leave a copy of the messages on the server, but not download them to OE everytime!

Paranoid Android 15:42 21 Feb 04

Well that's me fresh out of ideas.

Megatyte 15:53 21 Feb 04

I don't think you can tell OE to only download new messages, but why would you want to? If you need to keep tham then just move them to a folder in OE.

Be careful how much you leave on the server, otherwise your mailbox will reach capacity and be unable to receive new e-mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…