Outlook Express disconnects when already connected

AndrosTeN 10:39 29 Jan 05

New system running XP Prof SP2 with updates. Current and uptodate AVG 7 antivirus, Microsoft beta Anti-Spyware. System appears clean.

When trying to create and send email I find that clicking on "send" or "send and receive" disconnects me from my running connection to my ISP. The email is then left in my outbox. If I close down OE and then re-open and then click on "send and receive" and follow through on the connection dialogue box I then achieve a fresh connection and the email is sent. If at that point I create a further new email and try to send that, then once again "send" & "send and receive" act as disconnection buttons.

I have checked the connection tab in tools and "hang up after sending and receiving" is NOT checked. In any case what I am experiencing is hang up before sending!

All suggestions welcome.

ICF 10:49 29 Jan 05

Sounds like your not using your default connection Tools,accounts,properties,connection and select your isp conection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced