Outlook Express disconnects me if connected?

bobford63 16:53 19 Aug 04

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, this is starting to drive me mad?

I'm using XP sp1, and if I've been on the internet or just connected via my ISP, when I start Outlook Express 6, and press Send and Recieve etc, it disconnects me from my ISP, and then offers me the option to dial up and connect again, this it does, and then it checks for mail or sends etc, WHY !
Is there a setting somewhere, so you don't get disconnected, and can flip from IE to OE ?

Lionheart ? 16:59 19 Aug 04

Open Outlook Express go to Options open connection see if the box is ticked to hang up after send/receive.

Lionheart ? 17:02 19 Aug 04

Open Outlook Express go to Tools, Options open connection see if the box is ticked to hang up after send/receive.

Stuartli 17:30 19 Aug 04

On the Send/Receive panel in Outlook Express ensure that the "Hang up when Finished" box is not checked. Click the Send/Receive button for the panel to appear.

Stuartli 17:32 19 Aug 04

More than one way to skin a cat...:-)

Lionheart ? 17:34 19 Aug 04

Now why would you want to skin a cat...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…