outlook express disaster

erkmatrix 12:04 15 Sep 04

Hi this morning I had outlook express open while I was working on something else and it flashed up with outlook express has occurred a error and needs to shut or something along them words so it shut didn't really think anymore of it until now just opened it again and my whole inbox had gone, some very important emails are in there with usernames and passwords for various business sites.

Please help anyone, is there anyway of retrieving them.

erkmatrix 17:10 15 Sep 04

Anyone have any clues here

end 17:16 15 Sep 04

??did you leave a copy of them on your server??

Valvegrid 17:19 15 Sep 04

If you do a search for *.dbx that should bring up were your emails are.

If they are OK and you can open them, its worth copying and pasting them to a word or text document and saving them, much safer in-case OE goes all fickle on you.

erkmatrix 09:50 16 Sep 04

I don't have them saved on my server I don't think, I did a search for *.dbx and *.eml on my c-drive and couldn't find them it even didn't come up with all the emails that are in outlook express in the deleted and sent boxes which are still all there it was just the inbox that seemed to vanish, is there anywhere I could search somewhere else to see if I could find them. Seems so weird for them just to vanish totally .

johnnyrocker 10:32 16 Sep 04

os? if XP or ME system restore would probably work.

erkmatrix 11:14 16 Sep 04

tried the system restore yeah though that would work but sadly it didn't restore them.

Could this be some sort of virus eating them up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…