OUTLOOK EXPRESS DIAL UP

rotormota 13:13 24 May 03

I have just discovered I can set my internet connection button to dial up straight away when pressed.

Can I set OE to do the same without the need for the dial up connection box appearing every time?

Thanks.

Djohn 13:27 24 May 03

go into Internet explorer/tolls/options, then to connection tab. You have three options, select, "Dial whenever a internet connection is not available".

This will be shared with your outlook express settings, now when you open O/E it will dial automatically and connect to your ISP.

Djohn 13:30 24 May 03

This can be annoying at times though, because you may want to read/write while offline. Usually the best setting is, "Never dial a connection" this way when you open your browser, you will see the connection window and Have the choice to go on or say offline.

rotormota 15:27 24 May 03

Djohn, makes sense but tried it & has no effect, any ideas?

Djohn 15:33 24 May 03

Can't think of any at the moment as I use AOL, but will have a look for you.

Meanwhile, someone else may know the answer, I feel sure it is possible and the way I had mine set at one time, until I altered it to enable me to write/read off line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…