Outlook express as default mail handler

Davith 16:52 30 Dec 05

XP SP2 outlook express options shows it is not default mail handler. I click make default then apply, the legend changes to now default. Click OK and options box closes. Re open OE options legend shows it is not default again. Also in ie 6 options. Open programs tab shows no entry for outlook express in the dropdown window.

The result of this is that if I am in a website and use this web sites mailto link. Approx 62 ie windows open in rapid succession culminating in a window with the unable to find screen.

Taff™ 01:19 02 Jan 06

Bump

Think this should be in the Helproom Forum - not networking. I`ll have a look at the problem in the morning though!

VoG II 07:27 02 Jan 06
  VoG II 08:12 02 Jan 06
  Davith 11:26 02 Jan 06

Hi VoG
Thanks for your solution. I am now able to set my Default mail handler and it stays there.

Many thanks again!

Taff™ 11:34 02 Jan 06

Thought you might get a bit more help in this forum - VoG beat me to it this morning though! Thanks to FE for moving it from the Networking Forum in the early hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…