Outlook Express and DBX files

bloo meeny 17:12 16 Sep 04

After 4 years of owning a PC, each attempt at backing up my email folders has ended in disaster, and it just happened AGAIN :-(

Yesterday, I searched for all *.dbx files and currently have 8 dbx files saved ok.
On accessing Outlook Express (v.6.0) today, I got the "welcome" email and the program is 'empty' of all my previous mail.

I can see an 'import' option, but only from another email program - my saved dbx files are in an ordinary folder.

Is there a way of getting my emails back into OE please ?
They don't make a lot of sense if I load them into MS 'Word' !!!

Thankyou for any help.

jimv7 17:22 16 Sep 04

Anywhere on your computer, in my docs, create a new folder, call it anything you want.

Open outlook express, go to Tools/Options/Maintenance/Store Folder, click change and browse to your newly created folder. hit ok and restart express.

All your emails and related folders will move to the new folder, where you can readily find and
save as required. As well, place your dbx files in the same folder and express will find them.

bloo meeny 17:37 16 Sep 04

I appreciate your speedy response.
Finally got the emails back !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…