Outlook Express crashes at "message rules" option

DIYgirl 15:39 31 May 05

I checked my emails on Wanadoo's webmail server for the first time this weekend (didn't know I could!) and found over 300 messages sent to me over the last six months which I had not received on my home computer. Most were spam but some were not, and Wanadoo's server had not marked them as spam, either. I wondered if it was something to do with the blocked senders list on my home computer, and so I tried to access that--but each time I try to click on any option under the "tools/message rules optinon, the program crashes.

I'm assuming I need to reinstall OE but wondered if there was a way to do this which didn't involve backing up all my addresses and messages first. I remember once reinstalling OE over the top of the old, damaged copy with no effect on the messages etc but don't want to risk it if I might lose stuff. Is this what I should do, do you think? And if so, what's the best way to do this, anyway? Sorry to be dim. All help will be appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:09 31 May 05

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Also, you can get to the IE Tools menu by clicking Start > Run and type

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

If still no joy, uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express.

OE Help
click here

Outlook backup tool
click here

Mikè 16:21 31 May 05

Outlook Express Quick Backup click here is a reliable and easy way to back up all your emails and settings before trying any repair.

Unfortunatly the sugestion from Fruit Bat /\0/\ appears to be for Outlook only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…