Outlook Express couple of basic questions

aca 10:56 21 Aug 05

just changed BB ISP, setting up e-mail on Outlook Express. Need to sus out the following:

1)Despite setting up new acct and deleting previous one. On my sent e-mails the receiver sees my old acct e-mail address and name. Is this cached somewhere, cant see it on my new acct? How can I delete.

2)I have an e-mail address for 3 other users and will set up accts for them. What is the simplest way of them accessing their mail rather that going into accounts. Is it possible to set up a different shortcut so my son for example can get in easier.

thanks

johnnyrocker 11:12 21 Aug 05

you may have changed isp but you have retained your old e mail addresss it would seem, whereas it might have been @bt.net a new a/c needs setting up with @ntl.com or such, if you have set up a new one correctly you need to make it default and delete the old one. as for the different accounts you can set up message rules so that mail containing say the word roger goes to a file you have made with that name.

johnny.

The Spires 11:42 21 Aug 05

Do a search through the registry for your old email address and delete it, even though it may been deleted in OE for reasons unkown it still lives within the registry.

keith-236785 06:55 02 Sep 05

just thinking that maybe you are replying to an old e-mail that came to your old e-mail address and thats why it retains the old address.

if thats not the case then please ignore :-))

DieSse 11:09 02 Sep 05

My thought was the same as paperman27s.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…