'Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE

NirvanaGuy 21:10 29 Mar 04

Hey, does anyone have the cure to this 'Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialised. Outlook Express may not be installed properly'.

and the 3.0.8449. version of the atl.dll or a link to a downloadable one?

Thank you

User-312386 21:18 29 Mar 04

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and /) and then click OK.

Pop your XP disc and let it do the repair

NirvanaGuy 07:00 30 Mar 04

I'm using Win98SE thanks anyway! do you know how to do it for Win98?

lightfeet 07:23 30 Mar 04

Have a look at click here. Am sure this will solve your problem

NirvanaGuy 09:15 30 Mar 04

Thanks, I'll try that, but the .dll file 'MSOE' isnt actually missing it's in the OE folder (C:\windows\program files\outlook express) but I still get the same thing everytime I try to load, the Internet Explorer repair tool, doesn't work cos of the missing atl.dll which I can't seem to find online.

Thank you for your advice!

wildrover 09:24 30 Mar 04

May be a read only or faulty .dbx file. Have a click here for a solution.

Your .dll might be out of date. Goto click here, search for it and download. The file might be in zip file format so you may need WinZip.

Once unzipped copy and paste to the same location and overwrite the original file.

NirvanaGuy 16:11 30 Mar 04

Thanks, but I've been on to dll-files.com and they don't have it which is annoying, and I haven't been able to find it elsewhere, I'll do a clean installation of IE6 tonight to see if that converts anything. Thank you all for your help, I'll keep you posted.

Old Shep 16:32 30 Mar 04

Try here click here may help.

NirvanaGuy 19:28 30 Mar 04

Thanks Old Shep, I've fixed the atl.dll with a copy of my Win98 CD, but thank your comment helped also!

But I'm still getting the MSOE.DLL wont/can't load message.

VoG II 19:37 30 Mar 04

click here ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…