outlook express---------corrupted

Trotter2 09:35 18 May 08

I've had probs with my email and have been told that outlook express has been corrupted. have to un-install it and then re-install. Iknow how to un-install but how do I re-install it please?

skidzy 09:54 18 May 08

First try to reregister OE;

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type msimn /reg, and then click OK.
(Note that you will not see anything happen.)

In Internet Explorer click Options on the Tools menu.

Click the Programs tab and select Outlook Express as the default e-mail client and as the default news client. You can change those later if you wish.

or/and

Reregister libraries

Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) are files that contain functions that may be shared by other programs, such as recognizing hyperlinks, displaying rich content, and so forth. These specific DLLs are used by Outlook Express, and can cause glitches in the visual display if they are damaged. Reregistering a DLL using regsvr32 is similar to reinstalling those functions and thus makes sure they are installed and working correctly.

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.

Repeat step 1 for each of the following commands:
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll

johndrew 09:59 18 May 08

Open `Add or Remove Programs` click on `Add/Remove Windows Components` in the Windows Components Wizard untick `Outlook Express` and follow the instructions.

To reinstall use the same process but tick `Outlook Express`.

Please note, you may need your XP disk for the reinstallation and it may be worth doing a `Restart` between the uninstall and reinstall processes.

Trotter2 16:49 18 May 08

thanks to all. think it's sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced