Outlook express Connect

micky k 11:16 09 Jul 03

For some reason now whenever I start my machine I now get the Connect Box come up as soon as I start. It also comes on when I shut down and tends to make the machine hang.This was not happening previously.
Any suggestions to stop this appreciated.
Mike

spikeychris 14:05 09 Jul 03

Are you using a program that automatically checks for updated components or Web pages.

What have you got in the Startup folder.
Have you run a full anti virus check?

Have you installed Symantec WinFax or HotFax Message Centre

Are you are using a Lexmark printer. The Lexmark printer software sometimes adds Lexstart.exe to the Run registry key to handle print commands that you send to the printer. This can cause Dial-Up Networking to prompt you to dial your ISP.

Chris

micky k 13:09 10 Jul 03

No program to check for updates.
Nothing in start up folder.
No winfax or hotfax.
No Lexmark printer.
Will try Virus Checker
Many thanks
Mike
Still getting dial up when machine starts and agin on shutdown.

Megatyte 13:19 10 Jul 03

If not already, try Spybot or AdAware.

AH

micky k 12:11 11 Jul 03

I have run Spybot & Adaware still getting (connect to)dial up on start up and shutdown, it's getting a real pain but thanks for your reply

fitshase 12:20 11 Jul 03

I notice that your thread is entitled "Outlook express Connect".

Can you clarify the problem as the title is a bit misleading and your thread makes no other mention of Outlook Express.

If the problem is getting the connect box appearing when you load Outlook Express, you need to disable "Send/Receive at Startup" option in the Tools\Options menu.

Regards

Fitshase

Megatyte 12:26 11 Jul 03

Do a Ctrl/Alt/Del and see if there is anything running that looks suspicious.

AH

micky k 14:34 11 Jul 03

It is only the connect to dialogue box that runs at start up and shut down without running outlook. bBUt does tend to hang the machine at shut down.

Regards Mike

micky k 14:35 11 Jul 03

Tried ctrl/alt/del.
Nothing that looks out of place.
Thanks
Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…