outlook express compression of files

Newuser3477 23:46 28 Jan 07

I am repeatedly asked if I want to compress my folders when in Outlook express. I don't need to save space. How can I stop this message re-ocuuring
Thanks

robgf 01:29 29 Jan 07

Hi,
When OE asks to compact folders, it is actually removing the spaces from its data base, created when you delete a message. This makes is run better, so you should just let it compact them, when it asks.

Rob. :)

Newuser3477 10:54 29 Jan 07

However this message comes up several times a day so it is either not compressing files or something else is wrong. Any ideas?, I would still prefer not to get this message at all. I have masses of hard disc space and memory

robgf 00:59 30 Jan 07

Hi,
The message is on a counter, that operates every 100 times that OE opens, you cant turn it off.
But it shouldn't be coming up several times a day, it sounds like you might have a corrupted file, have a look at this page, it might be helpful:
click here

Rob. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…