Outlook Express - Compact Messages Problem

TonyK1942 18:08 12 Jun 05

I use Wanadoo/Outlook Express/Windows XP on a Dell PC.

On exiting Outlook Express a message started to appear asking whether I wanted to compact messages to save disk space. Eventually I replied yes and since then my INBOX and SENT folders have disappeared from the left side of the screen and a number of my messages and other folders have randomly disappeared.
Help on whether I've lost them altogether or where they might be please and if not lost how to recover them.

TonyK1942

VoG II 18:31 12 Jun 05

click here

Tip: Mail and/or Folders are missing: Close OE. Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden files and folders [I assume that he means in Windows Explorer].

Then do a Search for *.dbx...Open OE/File/Import. Set search options to search hidden files, folders and system folders. Inbox is under a hidden folder.

TonyK1942 23:53 14 Jun 05

Thanks very much. I can see the folders but how do I read *.DBX? Can thes be imported back into OE? If yes, how?

SANTOS7 00:09 15 Jun 05

click here
this may help,good luck......

TonyK1942 18:50 18 Jun 05

Thanks for the help in resolving this problem, TonyK1942

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…