Outlook Express changed to Outlook

Throbber 22:52 13 Mar 08

I use Mailwasher Pro to filter my incoming e-mails. Having deleted the undesirables, I then click "Mail Program" to launch Outlook Express, which has always worked until recently. Suddenly this action launches Outlook, [which I have never used] instead of Outlook Express.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

beeuuem 23:23 13 Mar 08

Have you tried Outlook Express > Tools > Options > change defualt mail handler?

asder 23:27 13 Mar 08

Open Internet Explorer
Click on Tools - Internet Options - Programs
Look for the drop down menu on Email to change it back. Click okay to exit
REgards Asder

beeuuem 23:27 13 Mar 08

OR in Mailwasher Pro go to Tools > General Options
next to Launch mail application after processing Specify tab and select Outlook Express.

BT 07:48 14 Mar 08

If you have Outlook you are presumably running MS Office, and can disable Outlook. Run your Office disk and untick Outlook.

birdface 08:02 14 Mar 08

I noticed on the last updates from Microsoft that Outlook was one of the programs up-dated.I use Incredimail and when I opened it it said it was not the mail provider would I like to make it so.So I assume that Outlook had been made my mail provider for some reason.like you I never use it.

Throbber 19:54 18 Mar 08

Thanks to all - as usual, problem quickly solved by this forum. I just needed to change my default mail handler, but didn't know how. I do now! Thanks, guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…