Outlook Express cannot send emails

Hugg6ear 10:02 29 Jul 03

Hi,
I have just installed Outook Express 6.0 from Freeserve Broadband installation CD onto my XP system. Outlook Express connects to Freeserve ok and it receives emails. When I try to send emails I get the followin msg:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'bbb', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

I have spent a log time checking all the account and options definitions but can't find anything wrong. Also I can't find a way of uninstalling Outlook, it doesn't show in the inst/uninst list and there is no unist program, not even on the cd.
I have it woking fine on my old W2000 system, and as far as I can see all the definitions are the same.

Has anyone seen this before or can you suggest anything.

BurrWalnut 11:29 29 Jul 03

It may not be the answer to you query but I had this on Saturday between 4pm to 8pm. There were no errors reported on the BT 0800 number.

You may be suffering the same thing. If I were you I'd change nothing at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…