Outlook Express - cannot restore messages

Having purchased a new computer, I wished to transfer my Outlook Express messages from the old to the new. I exported all messages to a folder on my desktop and then copied same to a flash drive. All message folders appeared on the drive (and still do). In copying the messages back to the new machine there did not appear to be a problem until I imported them into Outlook Express. Most of the message folders copied successfully but, sod's law, many of the important folders and contents did not. I have followed instructions religiously from the Microsoft knowledge base to no avail. Foolishly, I re-formatted the hard disk of my old machine before disposing of it so the only record of my missing messages is on the inaccessible files. Can anyone suggest a solution, please.

PS - my OS is Windows XP Pro and OE version 6

dfghjkl 14:31 25 Mar 05

sorry i cant help but that is why i changed mine to gmail,i often reformat,now i just log back on to gmail and they are all there,i will send you an invite to get one if you want,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…