Outlook Express - Cannot Print

louiek 17:53 03 Aug 06

Hi!

I am helping a friend out with his computer as he is having a problem with Outlook Express. I have personally not encountered this before so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

He is unable to print any emails from his computer. Everything else prints fine i.e Word documents, pictures etc. It seems to only affect Outlook Express and also IE. I loaded Firefox and this prints out fine. In Outlook Express there is no error message at all, I just click on print and there is nothing, no command is sent to the printer at all. Have tried doing file, print and still the same. In the short term, he is copying and pasting his emails into Word in order to print them off which works fine.

He is running Windows XP, Home Edition and has Service Pack 2 installed.

I apologise if this has been posted before, but have done a search and cannot seem to find the answer!

Any tips on how to resolve this would be great!

Thanks

VoG II 17:56 03 Aug 06

Start, Run, type

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

and click OK.

But that is to fix a printing problem that gives an error message:

An error has occurred on this page
Line 1344
Char 1
Error Unspecified Error
Code 0
URL res://C:\windows\system32\shdocic.dll/preview.dlg

louiek 18:02 03 Aug 06

Hi

Thanks but I never get any error messages at all - I just click on the print icon or menu and there is no response at all. Checked on the printer and there are no jobs pending or anything like that, it's really weird.

skidzy 18:10 03 Aug 06

Try giving this a go:

Open IE, then go to tools >Internet options. Click on the programs tab, click Reset web settings. Proceed in resetting the web settings. close IE, open OE then try to print.You may have to reboot your pc for the change to have effect.

If no joy,post back.

Good luck

skidzy 18:15 03 Aug 06

If you have your windows disc handy you could try sfc /scannow note the space after c. click here you may not need your windows disc if xp is preinstalled.

louiek 18:21 03 Aug 06

Thanks for that. Will try resetting web settings and see if this works. Not seeing him now 'til Saturday so will post back and let you know....

louiek 13:01 10 Aug 06

Hi again!

Have tried resetting web settings and restarted computer but nothing changed. Still cannot print any emails from OE.

Very annoying!! Any more tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…