Outlook Express. Cannot open attachments on email.

caster 17:51 17 Jan 03
  caster 17:51 17 Jan 03

I'm running on Windows ME. I find in Outlook Express that I'm unable to open all attachments sent via email. The paper clip icon is there but nothing appears when I clic on it. This is not common to one email sender but on all. I am on Ntl 600kps broadband. My system has Zone Alarm Pro installed.
Why should this suddenly start to malfunction, or have I clicked on somthing that I shouldn't? Can anyone help?

jazzypop 18:08 17 Jan 03

Open Outlook Express, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security, untick the box marked 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus'.

Note that you really should have a good, up-to-date virus checker installed before you do this.

If you just want to bypass the protection on an occasional basis, for attachments that you are absolutely certain are virus-free, there is a simple workaround. Just click the message once, then click 'Forward'. You will then be able to access the attachment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…