Outlook Express cannot get Hotmail Plus...

dogbreath1 18:55 11 Jun 05

Have just upgraded to Hotmail Plus partly to enable me to add the account to Outlook Express and Incredimail. I configured Outlook Express as per click here but when it tries to connect I get the following error...
"Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'click here', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32"
Any ideas please?

VoG II 18:57 11 Jun 05

Some things to try click here

dogbreath1 19:14 11 Jun 05

Much obliged VoG™. I'm off out for a curry now but I'll try it out later. Cheers! db.

dogbreath1 09:03 12 Jun 05

Apparently, many Hotmail customers are experiencing this difficulty. I've sent this reply to the guy who was attending to my problem on behalf of Hotmail.

"Thanks Rey. I have solved the problem. I have been pointed to a thread on a forum regarding this problem. It recommended three things, two of which I have done. One or both of these has solved the problem. 1. IE Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Allow All Cookies 2. IE Tools>Internet Properties>Security Settings Tab>Internet Zone>Custom Level Tab>User Authentication (last entry in list)>Check The Entry 'Automatic Logon With Current User And Password' I would appreciate it if you would (a) Inform me if you find that this solution helps any of your other clients and (b) Advise me whether you have any concerns about the settings I have now made. Thanks in advance. Regards, db."

Thanks also to you VoG™, you've come up trumps again. Cheers, db.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…