Outlook Express cannot display messages

San Alwigi 14:05 29 Sep 04

I'm running Windows XP and have updated to SP2. I've had this Outlook problem for a while (before SP2 update) but need to fix it.

Although messages show in my Outlook Express Inbox (complete with sender's details) when I click to open them I get the message "Message could not be displayed. Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again."

However, this problem does not affect any of the other three Outlook Express accounts that are running on the same PC. I'm a Telewest BB customer and can access my mail via their Webmail service where this problem doesn't occur, but would prefer to use the proper system.

Any suggestions please?

San Alwigi 14:49 29 Sep 04

....my mistake, it IS now affecting the other Outlook Express accounts on the PC in the same way. Mind you, if I click on a message in any inbox as the mail is downloading, I CAN see them. It's only once all messages are downloaded that the problem occurs.

Satmansq 18:20 29 Sep 04

It may be that the messages within OE are taking up a lot of space and some require deletion or moving to a folder outside of OE.

If you right click on the folders and select properties then on the local file tab, you have the options 'Delete' 'Remove' and 'Compact'.

I normally do all 3 to remove the mail from he system and free space.

I dont know if this has anything to do with your problem but it cant hurt.

San Alwigi 12:17 01 Oct 04

Thanks for this, but I have already tried that to no avail.
However, I've discovered that I don't get any problems if I use the full Microsoft Outlook (as opposed to Outlook Express), so have now set that up as my mail programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…