Outlook Express - can anyone help?

The Reiver 19:30 17 May 06

I have tiscali broadband and tiscali e-mail addresses. Up until now I have always just e-mailed using the Tiscali web based e-mail service.
I tried to set up Outlook Express but I can't get it to receive my emails. I followed all the help guides and had Tiscali phone support help - the final diagnostic/recommendation is that i should uninstall then reinstall outlook express on my computer. How do I go about this? Any advice much appreciated.

johnnyrocker 19:36 17 May 06

afaik you cant uninstall oe, if there is a prob i think they might have meant delete and recreate the mail account, if ther is a corruption in oe and you have xp try run/ sfc /scannow. are you sure you have you have the correct incoming and outgoing servers (even a dot in wrong place will corrupt the account)also have you set the connection details to bband?

wobblymike 19:55 17 May 06

You should have no probs setting OE to work with Tiscali here'e how

Open OE (i know it won't connect it doesn't matter)
Select Tools, Accounts, Mail, Add, Mail
Enter the name you wish people to see when you e mail them click next
Enter your full e mail address click next
Enter in the Incoming mail box pop.tiscali.co.uk
(thats from memory but I'm pretty sure its right)
Enter in the outgoing mail box smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Enter your account name - be careful here as different ISPs do it differently try the bit before the @ sign in your e mail address first
Enter your password
Click Next then Finish
Thats it
Highlight your In box in OE 6 and then hit the send/receive button you should see a message check and then either messages downloaded or a no message indication. If you have an error message go back and amend your user name to your full e mailaddress and try again. Hope this helps

daba 13:07 18 May 06

are both 100% correct

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…