outlook express & broadband connection

ns1979 19:33 24 Jan 07

I use to use ntlworld dial-up and have now switched to sky broadband. I can still receive ntlworld e-mails through outlook express connecting with my broadband connection, but I cannot send e-mails from outlook express. I get an error message saying there is a server error. Is there anything i can do??

STREETWORK 19:41 24 Jan 07

Check in Accounts under the tools menu. Select your email address and then properties. Here you should check how emails are handled for outgoing and incoming...

howard64 19:43 24 Jan 07

outlook express needs the exact info of your isp to operate correctly. You probably have your smtp set as it was for ntlworld but you now probably need to set it for sky broadband.

ns1979 19:45 24 Jan 07

Thanks for the replies. I have switched the smtp to smtp.sky.com and switched off the SSL and it seems to be working! Problem solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…