Outlook Express- backup inbox & Sent Items

Stephen-198136 17:31 13 Jun 04

I have just bought a new PC and wish to back up my inbox and sent items folders from Outlook Express and restore them on the new PC. I just can't work out how to do it. Can anyone help?

jimv7 17:37 13 Jun 04

Create a folder on the desktop,open outlook, tools/options/maintainance/store folder/ change location to the new folder on the desktop. Save that folder.

On the new computer, copy folder into my docs, do the above again and point the store folder at the folder in my docs.

You can also export addresses as a wab file, and accounts, save and import them into the new outlook express.

€dstowe 17:40 13 Jun 04

If your new machine is equipped with Windows XP, the easiest way to transfer things is to use the Files & Settings Transfer Wizard. Look in Help & Support in your new machine or go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Tools -> Files & Settings Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions there.

€d

Stephen-198136 18:03 13 Jun 04

Thanks for your help folks. Sorted now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…