outlook express backup files

Boy Zone 08:37 25 Feb 05

Dear All,

I have lost the contents of one of my folders within my personal folder within OE.
I did a back up last week,
Question can I import the .dbx from my saved file, for this single folder back into my outlook express, I don't want to import all the saved files just this one.

Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:21 25 Feb 05

Back up and recover Outlook Express
click here

should beable to import the one folder ok

beeuuem 09:26 25 Feb 05

If you are using OE6, when you go to 'Import' and browse to your backup you will be given the option to import individual folders.

Boy Zone 13:23 25 Feb 05

Thanks for your reply.

I have imported the folders, no problem, but.
When I review this single folder there are no emails, yet when I review the .dbx listing for this folder there is 15k of data.
How do I see the contents of this dbx folder. It's that I have some important info I need to extract.

Yoda Knight 13:35 25 Feb 05

15k...???

I dont think your data is in there.... :(

GroupFC 13:41 25 Feb 05

You need small program called OE viewer from click here. This enables you to open the backed up .dbx files and you will then be able to see the individual messages in the folder.

Good luck!

Boy Zone 16:14 25 Feb 05

Thanks, but how do I get this program, all that I can see is a screen shot, but no program to download

Boy Zone 16:32 25 Feb 05

I have now download this file and can review the email massages,
How do I get these into my OE folder so that I can see them in OE?

Boy Zone 17:02 25 Feb 05

resolved.

I would like to thank you all for your help.

Regards

GroupFC 21:17 27 Feb 05

Sorry been away for the weekend (at cub camp!). Glad you got it sorted - sorry for the link!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…