Outlook Express Backup

Creative Accountant 22:55 12 Jun 04

Having had a new PC, (running XP Home), I dutifully backed up all my stuff from the old one, including our mailboxes & address book. I gave the folders temporary names: "newinbox" "newsentbox" etc & they are saved as .dbx files - the address book is saved as a .wab. I located where the corresponding files are on the new PC & copied these backup files across, but they aren't visible in Outlook. (Windows XP has the usual Outlook folders in place, & the inbox is already active).
Also, both computers have been set up for 2 accounts (the other is for my wife) & both have Version 6.

Is there a way round this? Have I done something really stupid? What else could I try?

Any feedback much appreciated.

TIA

PS I have another backup of the above files and the old PC still has them intact.

Night Ryder 23:11 12 Jun 04

I dont think you should be copying these files, if I understand what you are saying. On the old computer you should open Outlook then go to file and click on the import/export button and export you contacts to a folder or floppy you can access on your new computer. You can do the same with email accounts if you go to tools and email accounts and export your email accounts. On the new computer do the same but this time inport for contacts and accounts.

Creative Accountant 14:21 13 Jun 04

All sorted now Night Ryder, many thanks.

Creative Accountant 14:21 13 Jun 04

All sorted now Night Ryder, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…