outlook express autostarting

hgrock 19:26 25 Jul 06

hello people, i do not use outlook express, but in the last few days it starts up on boot up of the pc, i have looked in the startup folder, done the msconfig bit, and the registry in the windows run bit but i cannot see the file that starts outlook "msimn.exe" or anything refeering to outlook express anywhere. i am stumped, any suggestions please

Diodorus Siculus 19:30 25 Jul 06

One option:

remove OE

How to manually remove and reinstall Outlook Express
click here

MAJ 19:30 25 Jul 06

Have you done the usual [up to date] antispyware and antivirus checks, hgrock?
Have you tried a System Restore to a date before it started happening?

Diodorus Siculus 19:30 25 Jul 06

TweakXP.com - Uninstall Outlook Express
click here

hgrock 16:36 26 Jul 06

Thanks guys for the solution to uninstall OE, but i didn't want to go there, what i really wanted to know was how does it start up, if there is no command in the registry or anywhere i can think of, is there something in the program itself, that can be turned on or off

sheila.weston 17:43 26 Jul 06

Just a thought, hgrock - in OE try going into TOOLS>OPTIONS>CONNECTIONS and click on 'ask before dialing'......... Also try the various options under 'change' in this window. This may not help, but worth looking at.
Sheila

Stuartli 18:21 26 Jul 06

As Outlook Express shares its connection configuration with Internet Explorer, the source of the problem may well be found in IE if you use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…