Outlook Express automatically disconnects from Net

mickmoran61 00:13 06 Dec 04

I have never had a problem with Outlook Express(OE),but lately it has started to disconnect itself from the Net.
I have two e-mail addresses running on OE, one is my local ISP and the other is Hotmail. When I run OE lately, it receives my local ISP e-mails OK and downloads "headers" from Hotmail and then (annoyingly) disconnects from the net. If I want to look at my Hotmail e-mails, I have to click on that folder and reconnect to the net.

I use Windows XP (Home) and a dial-up connection to the internet. I recently installed an internet accelerator called "Onspeed"

THE TERMINATOR 00:34 06 Dec 04

Open OE and click on the tools menu and then options. Then click on the connection tab, and disable HANG UP AFTER SENDING AND RECEIVING....TT

mickmoran61 18:37 06 Dec 04

Thanks TT. Your help has done the trick. I don't remember checking that option in OE.

THE TERMINATOR 22:45 06 Dec 04

No you probably didn't, but Windows did it for you(hence most problems) that's why it "nearly works"....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…