Outlook Express attachments in Preview Pane

Farleyjim 12:51 07 Jul 06

Does anybody know why some attachments are in the preview pane before you even click on the attachment icon? This seems a bit dodgy to me. If you can see it without physically clicking to open it, is it already open? I know I can get rid of the preview pane but I would prefer just to stop the attachment appearing in there.

Giggle n' Bits 12:54 07 Jul 06

sometimes if its a acutal jpeg or picture, maybe scanned image and not a Text File only then it would show this.

What is important when security matters are involved with outlook express is to turn off the "Views Bar" which is a little window pane oblong at the very bottom of your screen.

Farleyjim 14:04 07 Jul 06

Thanks Big Byte.

TonyV 14:05 07 Jul 06

I had a similar problem some time ago. Look at this! click here

Hope this helps.

TonyV

Stuartli 14:10 07 Jul 06

Attachments such as .jpegs can be sent either way.

However, in any case, you should ALWAYS have the Preview Pane Disabled - it's a known and very easy route for nasties to get into your system merely by clicking on an e-mail.

Disabling the Preview Pane then only brings up a list of e-mails - you double click on one to open it as normal if you are happy about the contents.

If you are not sure, right click on the highlighted e-mail>Properties>Details tab (for headers etc) or you can read the message from the Message button.

Anything untoward, just Cancel your way out and then use the Toolbar's Delete button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…