Outlook Express - attachments

pppc 05:51 14 Jan 03
  pppc 05:51 14 Jan 03

I am running Outlook Express with IE6 under W98SE.
When I receive emails with attachments the paper clip is there ok but when I click on it the details of the attachments are 'greyed out' and the attachments are inaccessible. (This applies to older, previously read OK messages too.)

This problem has only recently arisen. I have recently taken several Critical Updates from MS.

Any one got any ideas???

powerless 05:57 14 Jan 03

Make sure you know that the attachments are safe to open...

Tools > Options > Securtiy > Take the tick out of "Do not allow attachments to be saved......"

Click "ok"...

Close OE then reopen, you should now be able to view the attachments.

temp003 06:00 14 Jan 03

In OE, click Tools, Options, Security tab. Untick the box for "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened ..." Click OK. As long as you have your own updated antivirus program, you do not need this silly setting that MS has introduced by default through one of its recent updates.

Mac & Beth 08:41 14 Jan 03

Also to access the older message attachemnts, open the e-mail, click forward and save the attachments from the new copy created.

pppc 18:22 14 Jan 03

Mac & Beth temp003 Powerless

Many thanks to all three (four?) of you. The solution worked a charm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…