Outlook Express Attachments

Rebanut 16:20 05 Sep 03

I have had two emails with "unsafe attachments"
which have been removed before I opened them, both have come from very reliable sources, so my question do these attachments carry a virus of some sort.
many thanks.

alcudia 16:31 05 Sep 03

I don't see how we would know. Did you scan the attachments. Certain types of file are stated to be unsafe because the their extension, (.exe .doc etc) but would probably be ok.
It is also possible that your "reliable sources" are infected with something nasty. If your AV is up to date and set to scan incoming mails you should be OK. But without more info it isn't easy to say.

Rebanut 16:40 05 Sep 03

One of these was from Duxford Airfield and it was supposed to contain a list of flying participants for the air display tommorrow but it had been removed.
thanks anyway.

MAJ 17:43 05 Sep 03

In OE, go to Tools > Options > Security tab and untick the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". But remember to scan all attachments with a virus checker before opening, just to be on the safe side.

Rebanut 18:48 05 Sep 03

Ok have done this so many thanks again and will see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…