Outlook Express for AOL

ruskle 12:45 16 Jan 03
  ruskle 12:45 16 Jan 03

How can I use Outlook Express for my mail default
when running AOL ? I get as far as entering the email address and then don't know what to put for the next POP etc.

Foolsbane_1 13:47 16 Jan 03
  siarad 14:11 16 Jan 03

AOhelL is a proprietary system not abiding by accepted standards & they told me I couldn't use Outlook. I tried a mail server but that was also blocked. Good luck, a lot of peeps would like the answer.

colberly 14:58 16 Jan 03

Have a look here, this may give you some answers.
click here
It is an extremely good site for any queries to do with AOL.

powerless 15:02 16 Jan 03

AOL do not allow access via Outlook Express or any other email thingemaboos.

You have to access it through AOL 8.0 (or whatever version it is) or via the web.

MoiraB 19:08 16 Jan 03

I agree with Powerless. You cannot use OE or Ms Outlook with AOL, apparently they do not use smtp or pop - so I changed to Freeserve after a few days despite the fact I thought AOL was pretty good. No way was I giving up Outlook!

ruskle 09:28 17 Jan 03

Thanks to all who answered my query re AOL
I have used Outlook for many years via Lineone and am very happy with it. A friend who has just gone online via AOL saw my system and wanted to use Outlook, from your answers it seems she has 2 options , 1 stick with AOL or 2 change to another provider.
Thanks again Russell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…