Outlook Express Address Book retrieval

yogibear 00:04 22 Aug 03

I recently was forced (again!) to reformat my HDD. I backed up almost everything to CD-RW, but simply highlighted OE and drag and dropped onto my slave HDD.
Now I can't retrieve any of the address' or anything. I strongly suspect that I have lost it forever...unless someone out there knows differently!

Simon_P 02:27 22 Aug 03

Sorry I cant help this time but this will take you to top of page!

Next time you do a reformat open OE and in the File menu selet "export/address book"
you can then back it up to whereever you like, even a floppy

When you have re formatted go to OE file menu and select "import/address book", and select your backed up address book.

Job done your address book will be all back.

xania 09:42 22 Aug 03

One probelm with OE is that, wherever you copy your address book, it will be over-written by the new installation. The only alternatives are, as Simon, suggests, the floppy disk. But click here for a good cheap alternative to back up your e-mails, your address book, your IE favourites etc.

DieSse 09:45 22 Aug 03

If you want to see if it's actually somewhere on your CD, search for *.wab this will list your address book if it's there.

If it's not, tough luck.

yogibear 20:10 22 Aug 03

Thanks for that. Why is that all lessons learned (on computers) are invariably hard learned?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…