Outlook Express-Adding a logo and Signature

Graham. 19:31 13 Mar 08

to all outgoing messages. I've been trying to set these up in Tools, Options, Compose, Stationary and Signatures.

The result with Stationary is part of an enlarged logo as background.

With Signature, it will not accept one I've made in Word in .doc format.

Anyone been successful with this?

recap 19:37 13 Mar 08

You may be able to create a signature with a logo in NotePad and not Word.

Graham. 19:43 13 Mar 08

No luck with Notepad. I think it will only accept one format, but which?

Zak 19:58 13 Mar 08
  recap 20:13 13 Mar 08

Come across this in my search click here don't know it is of any help to you Graham?

Come across this in my search click here don't know it is of any help to you Graham?

Sorry about the multiple posts, kept my finger on the key too long

Graham. 21:11 13 Mar 08

Thanks for the replies. I will start on them in the morning.

dogbreath1 21:14 13 Mar 08

There are two good ways to add images to outgoing emails in OE.

The first, setting stationery. The files need to be HTML files and are meant to be background watermark images (but can be 'solid') in so much that they permit themselves to be overwritten by text (either your own or someone else's in a reply to your email. You can set default stationery which is present when you opt to 'Create Mail'.

The second, and my preferred option, is to attach a 'Picture'. You could prepare a letterhead image (in any image format) and similarly a signature (which could be a scan of your own siggie) and store them together in an easily accessed folder. The images can't be overwritten by text but neither (I don't think) can they be set to appear in a newly created email by default.

dogbreath1 21:23 13 Mar 08

I use 'insert picture' to add a letterhead and signature to my business mail. I used to use the 'stationery' method but it has it's drawbacks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac