Outlook Express Accounts Query

BOTHWELL 23:39 03 Oct 04

Probably not a query to challenge most people, but I have a BT Openworld e-mail address which I use through Outlook Express. I added another BT e-mail address for my wife to use, which she wants to access using Outlook Express when she logs in. The trouble is whenever I log in, I receive her e-mail messages. She doesn't receive them. I have gone into the accounts section on the Tools, and put in my e-mail address in the mail section. My wife's e-mail address is not included, so I can't understand why I keep receiving her messages, and why she doesn't get them. In her Outlook Express "tools" the mail section of accounts only has her e-mail address, but still she gets no mail. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

hugh-265156 23:49 03 Oct 04

im not too sure to be honest but im guessing that you and your wife maybe share one account to log on to xp yes?

if so try setting up a seperate windows user account for yourself or your wife and then set up outlook express for that person when logged in as them if you get my drift.

hugh-265156 23:55 03 Oct 04

sorry about that, i only just noticed the 'In her Outlook Express "tools"' bit, so i guess you both have seperate xp accounts.

hugh-265156 00:06 04 Oct 04

what about if you log on to your wifes account (check first to keep you right lol)then click 'tools/accounts/your wifes mail account name/properties/servers' tabs in your wifes account and make sure the pop and smtp settings are correct here for btopenworld. both boxes should read 'mail.btopenworld.com' for pop and smtp i believe. ensure your wifes username and password are filled in correctly here. if that doesnt work try deleting the account and click add and go through the wizard to set it up again.

if you wife can now get her email and you want to stop recieving it then log on as you and open outlook express and click tools/accounts yourself and if your wifes account is listed delete it. maybe.

beeuuem 01:12 04 Oct 04

When you say that you have set up another mail address for your wife do you mean that you have set up a sub account with BTOpenworld with her own address and password or have you created a new address using your own details?

BOTHWELL 22:22 04 Oct 04

The e-mail address I set up for my wife is a sub account with her own address. Does this mean all mail will only go to the main account. ie. my main e-mail address?

beeuuem 23:13 04 Oct 04

Does your wife have her own password for the sub account?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…