Outlook Express Accounts

rabbitrabbit 16:30 11 Jan 08

Using Windows Xp.
Outlook Express.
My computer currently has two user profile.
Myself, and my father.
I've been using Outlook Express with no problems, let's call my account Dave@whatever.com
I want to set up a similar account for my father on his profile John@whatever.com
Everything is set up as it should be, but I'm still downloading messages that should be going to his e-mail account, along with my own. Nothing is going to his account.
I've tried to block anything named "john@whatever.com" from being downloaded from the server on my user profile account, but with no luck.
Any guidance?
Thanks

Clapton is God 16:38 11 Jan 08

I assume from what you say that you are both using a single e-mail account, the only difference being that one starts with 'Dave' and the other starts with 'John'.

I have a similar set up at home.

The only way to overcome this is to agree to use OE in just one of the PC user profiles so that e-mails download to the same destination.

To keep your e-mails separate, set up two folders in the Inbox - one called Dave and one called John.

Then set up a message rule or rules which will drop all e-mails starting Dave into the Dave folder and all e-mails starting John into the John folder.

Simsy 16:40 11 Jan 08

Was your father's email setup while his user profile was logged in?

If not, and it's just another account on your email identity you need to do the following;

Tools>Accounts and select the email account you don't want to download under the "mail" tab
Click "Properties"
On the "General" tab UNtick the box that says "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronising"

I hope this works/helps.

Regards,

Simsy

rabbitrabbit 16:42 11 Jan 08

I did consider that as an option, but it seems silly that there is evidently no other way around it. After all, it's just a case of downloading it from the server. I'll take that as an initial solution. Maybe I'm better just setting up a hotmail account, but I'd rather have him using OE for ease of use.

rabbitrabbit 17:08 11 Jan 08

Simsy - account was set up on my fathers own profile whilst logged in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced