Outlook Express

HV 10:36 23 Jun 03

I have a lycos email account which I access through Freeserve.
Is it possible to access my email account direct from outlook express and if so how ??

temp003 11:15 23 Jun 03

According to click here the ordinary Lycos email account does not give you pop3 access, so no access through outlook express.

Only Lycos Mail Plus does that, for which presumably you have to pay.

powerless 18:20 23 Jun 03

I have a lycos account from their mobile phone free text service...click here

You can access it from OE.

RDB 18:30 23 Jun 03
  Megatyte 18:39 23 Jun 03

Open your address book and click file - export. Follow the prompts. For your mails see my response at

click here

AH

Valvegrid 19:11 23 Jun 03

I think HV wanted help accessing his Lycos email via Outlook Express. The thread seems to have deviated.

HV you can access your account, no problem. I've had two Lycos accounts for years and access both via O/E. Here is a copy of the help file from Lycos on how to set it up:

'To setup Outlook or Outlook Express you need to do the following:

Open Outlook or Outlook Express
Click the Tools menu

Click the Accounts option
Select the Mail tab
Click Add and choose Mail

You will then be prompted to enter your name and e-mail address as well as the following information:

Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.lycos.co.uk
Incoming server (POP3): pop.lycos.co.uk
Account name: [email protected]
Password: your Lycos password

Click the servers tab and check the box my server requires authentication. Then click Apply and OK.

Once this is all entered you can click finish and you should be able to successfully send and receive your Lycos Mail.'

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…