outlook express

hgrock 21:16 29 May 03

hello everyone,
i tried to send a file that had an attachment that was too large, so outlook stopped responding and hung. now i am unable to delete this file that is stuck in my POP outbox, each time i click on the outbox it tries to send and hangs. i shall have to delete it from the folder in windows explorer.
the problem is where to find it in my documents and folders, i know that its there but where to look is the problem.
can anyone help the os is xp home

Gongoozler 21:54 29 May 03

hgrock, your Outbox should be Documents and settings\your user name\Local settings\identities\{a
long number}\Microsoft\Outlook express\Outbox.dbx you won't be able to delete an individual E-mail from the box because in Outlook Express all the e-mails in a particular folder are compressed into a single file, so you will have to delete Outbox.dbx and let OE reinstall it.

reddwarfcrew 21:58 29 May 03

You can't delete it from explorer.

Open OE and don't connect to the 'net. Then go into your outbox and delete it there.

You may also need to change the setting in Tool Options to prevent it from trying to send/recieve.

hgrock 22:07 29 May 03

thanks mate, it worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…