outlook express

con341 22:18 07 Mar 03

I would like to stop outlook express starting with internet explorer on windows xp

MAJ 22:20 07 Mar 03

Is BT your ISP, con341?

Flopper 22:27 07 Mar 03

I have XP and my ISP is Freeserve and I get the standard Outlook Express window !!
When I was on Windows 2000 I installed MS Office and I was able to 'migrate' my mail settings, existing mails, address book, etc, to Outlook which is part of the Office suite, and I gained extra functionality for so doing. I have not yet tried this with XP but I am sure it will work the same

MAJ 14:42 08 Mar 03

"My isp is bt as soon as i start internet exp up pops outlook express it doesn't check for mail just loads"

Hi con341, if you answer via this thread, others more capable than me will be able to answer, it helps them to know what has been tried already.

BT have an icon in the systray (beside the clock) if you right click on that you should get the option to stop OE an IE loading at the same time. As I don't use BT, the exact option escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure someone will know it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…