Outlook Express

Is there a way to transfer my address book, settings, folders and emails from Outlook Express to Outlook?

I have been using OE for some time and have been very happy with it, but I was given a PDA for Christmas and would like to synchronise with Outlook. I don't want to lose everything I've got in OE. I'm running Outlook 97 and OE 5.5 on Win 98SE.

jazzypop 12:18 01 Jan 03

Go to OE, choose File > Export, export as CSV (comma-delimited).

Then start up Outlook, choose File > Import, import as CSV.

Note that this makes a copy of your OE data - you will still retain the original data in OE.

On a more general point, perhaps now is the time to start using Outlook as your primary mail / contacts client. You might get into the situation where you are having to 'synchronise' OE with Outlook, then Outlook with your PDA. Wave goodbye to OE :)

Jazz - Thanks, your're a marvellous person! It was so easy. All I have to do now is work out how to block all those *** spammers!

Happy New Year!

I agree with Jazz - ditch OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…