Outlook Express 6.0 wont log on

Halmer 21:29 11 Nov 03

I have signed up with Tiscali on my lad's PC.

It logs on to the net OK but when I load outlook express I get a Window with my user name and password which just keeps bouncing back every time I hit OK (even though I know that the password and user name is OK).

I spoke to Tiscali who told me to remove the passwird in Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties and re log on buit it still wont take it. Any ideas anyone please.

It is Win 98 I'm afraid.

Jester2K II 21:33 11 Nov 03

Whats the EXACT error message?

Giggle n' Bits 21:43 11 Nov 03

No problem for Win 98 !

Ok open Outlook Express and get the connection box to stop asking to connect.

At the top select the Tools Tab, drop down and select the Accounts option.

Make sure you are on the tab in this window box for Mail then highlight the line that is the Tiscalli ISP name (Just a click on it will do)

Select the Properties on the right hand side and then select the Connection tab on this box.

you will see a small oblong box, if Tiscali name isn't in there or you ISP Account name drop down and select it then put a tick in the box that Says "Always connect to this account using" then select Apply and ok exit and go out of Outlook & Internet Explorer.

Go online and then your problem shoul hopefully be sorted.

Halmer 21:52 11 Nov 03

I'll have a go and post back with more details re the error mesage if it doesn't work thanks.

Halmer 22:25 11 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…