Outlook Express 6.0 new identity

cuscus 14:16 09 Jan 07

Hi, I received my Emails on Outlook Express 6.0 downloaded from MSH Hotmail and it works fine. I want my husband to have his own identity showing on Emails especially when he's applying for a job. My first question is this, is it possible to keep the same email address for both of us? I went into Accounts and entered the necessary info and on the SERVERS tab I kept the same info as in my own identity. When I log off mine and into his, we could send out emails but could not connect to receive mail. Is this the right way to do this or do I have to set him up in Hotmail first?

recap 14:22 09 Jan 07

I would suggest that you set up an email account for your husband in hotmail. This would be best practice considering he will be using it for job applications.

In Outlook Express go through the process for creating a new account using the new hotmail account.

One thing of note here though. When using Outlook or Outlook Express files cannot be shared on user accounts. So if you open your husbands email in your XP account, when your husband logs in to his XP account, he will not recieve the email as it has already been opened in your XP account.

L_Driver 19:18 09 Jan 07

Do not think this will work as only older accounts can now be accessed via the O/Express client. New accounts will not be able to access hotmail via the client ( I Believe ). If you are using a hotmail account which you are sharing then having 2 identities for the same Hotmail account is superfluous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…