Outlook Express 6.0 and Message Rules

SURVEY 17:19 28 Jun 06

For some reason whenever I now set up Message Rules (for instance to divert certain emails to a specific folder)on re-booting or even reloadong Outlook Express the rules have been lost!

SURVEY 16:22 03 Jul 06

I posted this thread on 28th June but so far nobody has responded with some advice. This is most unusual for this forum so anyone any ideas of what the problem may be. When I set up the Rules and click 'OK' to exit the Rules screen, I cannot exit that screen. I am followig all instructions to set up as I have done this many times on this and other computers. Soemtimes will accept the Rules whilst in boot but then on re-booting all is lost!! This computer is using Windows 98SE with OE 6.0

Jackcoms 17:10 03 Jul 06

Try un-installing and re-installing OE.

Go to Control Panel; Add or Remove Programs.

At the left hand side, click on 'Add/Remove Windows Components'.

Scroll down until you find Outlook Express. Un-tick it and click on Next. Follow the prompts.

To re-install it, follow the above but, this time, tick OE.

Have your original Windows CD handy.

SURVEY 17:13 03 Jul 06

Yes, I had thougfht that this may be the only way. Will the existing emails and folders be lost doing this?

Jackcoms 18:56 03 Jul 06

No, they shouldn't be lost. You are only uninstalling the application, not the associated e-mails.

OE e-mails are stored as .dbx files.

To find them, go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{CBEB-3901….\Microsoft\Outlook Express

To be on the safe side, back up all the .dbx files to a pen drive or something similar before un-installing OE. Take a note of the exact path (as above) on your PC and, if they are lost, you can restore them to exactly the same place from your backup.

SURVEY 19:17 03 Jul 06

I shall give it a try. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…