Outlook express 6 too big

craigy1 13:27 16 May 04

hiya

On my outlook express 6 icons on the top, ie the create mail, sebd&receive, address, reply, reply all, etc, after a while they get really big and sometimes the page can only fit one or two of them on the screen.

They start off ok at 1st and I get all 9 icons on the screen looking ok.

I have checked microsoft for an upadte and it seems ok, I have also updated my office2000 as well, there are no known virus on my pc either.

Has anyone else had this?

GaT7 13:58 16 May 04

Open OE6. Click on View -> Layout -> Customize toolbar. There you can add/remove icons you need or don't need. Also, under 'Icon Options' (bottom left corner) you can chose Small/Large icons. If you don't need the icon text you can change them in 'Text Options'. After any change click on Apply, OK. Using the View option you can configure other aspects of OE's display to your needs/liking.

If the above doesn't solve it for you try a 'repair' of IE/OE - click here if you need to know how (assuming you're using WinXP. If not post back if you need help to repair IE in another OS.) HTH, G

GaT7 14:23 16 May 04

For more instructions on how to repair IE (includes all OSes) - click here.

Stuartli 14:39 16 May 04

Don't forget to Lock The Toolbars after making any changes.

johnnyrocker 15:35 16 May 04

are you saying the picture size increases so you lose info? and is this only in oe or general?

johnny.

craigy1 17:11 16 May 04

what i am saying is that the icons accross the screen get bigger so in stead of having say 6 icons on the screen, ig ooutlook is on for a while then it might change to 2 icons.

its hard to describe but they dont get bigger virtical but horizontal, they space out,

i have no other probs with the program though

Pesala 18:56 16 May 04

I only have version 5. That has an option for small and large icons, which you can get by dragging the bottom of the toolbar down. Perhaps version 6 has made the size variable and you are dragging the bottom of the toolbar down by mistake ?

wildrover 19:11 16 May 04

Is your graphics card driver up to date? There used to be a problem with out of date drivers and OE toolbar icons but I haven't heard it for a while now - might be worth updating??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…