Outlook express 6 service pack 1 download

Rhuddlan 19:12 12 Jul 04

I have searched high and low on the net lookin for oe 6 sp1, can only find updates to it. I have all oe 6 sp1 updates downloaded in a folder, but didn't know that i didn't have sp1 for oe 6, and in order to install these updates i have to have sp1 for oe 6 installed first, so can anyone provide me with a a link for oe 6 sp1. I have also looked on the Microsoft website but again found nothing, regards, Rhuddlan.

VoG II 19:15 12 Jul 04

It comes as part of the Internet Explorer SP1 which is a full installation, not just a patch click here

Rhuddlan 19:29 12 Jul 04

I already have ie 6 sp1, but not oe 6 sp1, can i install oe 6 sp1 on it's own? thanks for the link, Rhuddlan.

Nosmas 20:04 12 Jul 04

I stand to be corrected, but think I am right in saying that when you download and install IE 6 SP1, it automatically updates OE 6 to SP1. Therefore if you already have IE6 SP1 installed then OE 6 should also be SP1. I think that is what VoG meant in his reply.

Rhuddlan 20:23 12 Jul 04

Sorry if I am confusing everyone, but when I go into the Program Files folder within my default hard disk drive c, I go into the ie folder and right click on the ie icon, go to the verison tab and when I highlight the file version it say ie6sp1, but it only says oe6 in the outlook express version in the oe folder in program files. And when I tried to install the oe 6 sp1 updates, a message appeared saying that outlook express 6 service pack 1 is needed for this installation, so that is what made me think that I haven't got oe 6 sp1, anyone provide me with an answer, regards, Rhuddlan.

Zak 20:38 12 Jul 04

This MS link will reveal all:

click here;en-us;331923

Here is relevant extract:

"How to Determine Whether the Cumulative Update for Outlook Express 6.0 SP1 Is Installed
To determine whether the Cumulative Update for Outlook Express 6.0 SP1 is installed, start Microsoft Outlook Express, click Help, and then click About.

When the Cumulative Update for Outlook Express 6.0 SP1 is installed, you receive a dialog box with the version number 6.00.2800.1123."

Zak 20:41 12 Jul 04

Type following URL without the " " at start and finish

"click here;en-us;331923"

Zak 20:50 12 Jul 04

Also following extract:
IMPORTANT: Before you install the Cumulative Update for Outlook Express 6.0 SP1, install Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1. For additional information about how to install Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Here is the elusive link again, but remove the A from httpA:

httpA://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;331923

Djohn 21:00 12 Jul 04

Just checked my version from the help section and it says. Version 6.0.2800.1106.XPSP2. Must have been updated in one of the Hotfixes. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…