Outlook Express 6 question

Chris Webster 22:05 18 Nov 05

There is probably a very simple answer to my question but it's stumped me.

A mate has 2 email accounts in O.E 6, one for personal and one for business. He can send and receive from both with no problem but when he hits the reply button on a personal email his business address is put into the 'from' field. How does he get it to put his personal address in the 'from' field. At the moment he has to click the drop down box and select his personal address.

Cheers Chris.

Chris Webster 23:25 18 Nov 05

^

westwit 23:52 18 Nov 05

If he wants to use mostly his personal address for outgoing emails he should change that account to be his default under the "Tools / Accounts / Mail" menu option, by highlighting the account and clicking the "Set as default" button on the right side.

acfc 08:03 19 Nov 05

When composing an e mail above the To: line is the account which will be used to send the message. With 2 accounts set up there will be a drop down list to select which account is used to send

Alternatively he could seperate the accounts by setting up different identities in OE.

Chris Webster 21:45 19 Nov 05

His personal account is set as the default, the problem only arises when replying to emails via the reply button. Replying to an email to his personal email address puts his business email address in the 'from' field. He can change it by using the drop down box if he remembers to do it.

Cheers Chris.

westwit 01:37 20 Nov 05

I don't know why this is happening, then. I also have two OE6 accounts, and when I hit reply to an email the address appearing in the "From" field is whichever account the original was sent to. When composing a new email it is the default address that appears in the "From" field.

Perhaps someone else knows what's happening to your friends OE6.

Chris Webster 14:26 20 Nov 05

westwit,
Yes it's default address appearing in the 'From' field when composing a new email.

Cheers Chris,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5