Outlook Express 6 problem switching accounts

slowhand_1000 11:51 16 Jul 04

Outlook Express 6 and XP Pro

I have various email user accounts on the pc.

What seems like every other time when switching from one user to another, the previous users mail folders are still visible. The user that logs on can see their own contacts but none of their folders.

If the pc is rebooted then OE opens fine for the first couple of goes then it's back to rebooting.

Also we have to log off rather than switch users. I have tried reinstalling but to no avail.

Cheers

wildrover 12:13 16 Jul 04

There was a problem with XP SP1 but that should have been fixed now with updates click here;en-us;Q329084

I'm not sure if you are talking about switching email accounts within OE, and / or switching xp user accounts. can you clarify that please.

wildrover 12:15 16 Jul 04

Maybe have a look at this also? It may do what you wish click here

wildrover 12:18 16 Jul 04

Sorry about the first click here. Search google for Q329084 and you will find the article.

slowhand_1000 12:53 16 Jul 04

wildrover

Sorry about the confusion, it's switching email accounts that's the problem.

I've had a look at the article but it seems to be aimed at earlier versions of IE+OE6 where they can't switch users.

I've checked my version of IE and I have the latest version installed (xpsp2)

I can log off and then select the name from the users list. But when it opens the previous users email folders are in view.

Though I have just tried switching identities and did so 5 times without a hitch. Then on the 6th time the problem returned.

wildrover 15:35 16 Jul 04

maybe try a repair of IE then? Unless anyone else has any suggestions.

By the way, did this happen before the recent update? It looks like IE is ready for xpsp2 but were all still on sp1??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…