Outlook Express 6 Printing Internet Explorer 7

BGL 11:39 07 Nov 06

Hi,

We're running Outlook Express 6 and Internet Explorer 7. When we receive an e-mail with an attachment the print is condensed on to one page and the text becomes almost unreadable. It also loses the header details of the e-mail i.e. From/To/Subject etc. This only happens when there is an attachment(s)to the e-mail, normal e-mails print fine.

I understand that Outlook Express picks up the font settings from Internet Explorer but the settings are fine at "medium". There doesn't seem to be anything else to check. Am I missing something?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

anskyber 12:05 07 Nov 06

This might be worth a try but it may be an unconnected issue.

IE7 has the facility to always print a page to fit the paper size. If IE7 is reading the attachment in that way it could resize it.

It may be worth a try if you choose the drop down menu from the print command icon select print preview and the default will be shrink to fit. try different settings.

anskyber 12:07 07 Nov 06

Actually re reading your post I think that is your answer.

BGL 12:45 07 Nov 06

Thanks for the help anskyber.

I've just tried altering this & it works when printing from the internet but it always reverts back to "shrink to fit" so the e-mails are still a problem.

Is there a way of altering the default setting?

anskyber 12:55 07 Nov 06

I have not altered it myself but you could try tools, internet options, advanced tab,under multimedia uncheck "enable automatic image resizing". You can always revert back if not.

BGL 13:14 07 Nov 06

I've had a look at those advanced settings but the "enable automatic image resizing" wasn't ticked/accepted so it can't be that can it?

anskyber 13:23 07 Nov 06

I cannot find anything and this does not offer a choice. click here

anskyber 13:33 07 Nov 06

I assume its the printing which is the problem because clicking full width in page preview will enlarge the text on screen.

BGL 15:13 07 Nov 06

No problems viewing the text on screen or printing from a website - it will blow up the text or condense print or shrink to page just fine. It's printing the e-mails that's a problem when there's photo attachments.

The problem has only started since we upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 - Internet Explorer 6 was fine. I'm just reluctant to have to go back to version 6 as I like the interface and features of version 7! (we had this problem with the beta version of 7 but I was hoping it was something to do with it only being a test version)

Any other ideas? (Thank you for your help)

BGL 13:52 08 Nov 06

Any other suggestions other than reverting back to Internet Explorer 6?

Carto 10:20 16 Nov 06

Hi,

The only option I have found is, when you open the email to print it, go to the VIEW menu, select TEXT SIZE, and then, if able, select FIXED. The font is changed to a very basic font for the message, but it is readable, and the headers are shown.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…